Thursday, September 3, 2009

Treasure Box

As long as I can remember I have collected stuff. My first real collection when I was about 13 was specimen shells. I started out as everyone does picking up pretty shells on the beach and soon graduated to purchasing rare varieties at specialty shops during summer vacation with my hoarded  allowance.
Antique buttons hold the same fascination: they appeal to my sense of visual excitement with a myriad of colors, textures, materials, and themes. This box is a jumble of my favorites waiting to be organized onto  button cards. As with all my collecting it is not always the most valuable ones that I am drawn too (although that is sometimes appealing in itself) more often it is just that they are just so dang awesome!

5 comments:

  1. I see a lot of wonderful buttons in that box! Those metallic examples are beautiful and I can imagine using those in some projects. Will you be taking any of these buttons to the Baltimore Big Flea for sale? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny--these particular buttons are my keepers but I just found some great buttons that I plan to bring to the Baltimore Flea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi- What great buttons. Lydia here from Laura T's..and Annandale all those years.

    Are you doing the Baltimore show?

    PLease come to my blog about Jenny from Victorian Vignettes & C/Vignettes Etc.. Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great buttons! Just love the musical bear- Very unusual...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lydia--Yep, we'll be at the Baltimore Big Flea. Your blog is fab-it's one that I follow!

    ReplyDelete