Thursday, December 30, 2010

Spotlight on a Truffle Pigs Fan

Oftentimes we get to meet other creative artists when we are at one of our shows. Last July we met the talented Christina Muse who makes amazing boxes filled with found objects. As you can see she is particularly fond of sewing items when it comes to creating her art.


Here is what she has to say:
"I have a fondness for sewing items because our whole family sewed, even my dad. He made down vests and jackets for camping. My mom would make hot mini skirts and dresses and everyone wanted to know where she bought her clothes. She refused to buy me clothes and bought fabric instead and said make it yourself. Didn't mind because I loved sewing. Now those little items are making their way into my art".


 
Christina's work has been sold in some local galleries and shops. You can view more of her work and contact her here.
Just goes to show that the vintage sewing and craft items we sell are often parlayed into something far beyond their intended use!

No comments:

Post a Comment